Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I got a KINDLE!

My 30th birthday was on Saturday...it feels kind of weird, but I'll get used to it. I keep saying that my 30's HAVE to be better than my 20's!
Anyways, my parents gave me the Kindle 3G. It's really great so far! I still have a ton of paperbacks to read, but I've downloaded a couple free books to the kindle, and bought one cheap book. It's so weird to read from anything but a book, but I can get used to it. It's easy to read, and it's a heck of a lot quicker to order a book to your kindle than it is to order it to your house! I'm sure I won't be able to give up paperbooks completely, but I will definitely be making the most of my kindle!
I recently read Royal Pains by Leslie Carroll, and I'll be reviewing it soon. I'm subbing today, so I can't really concentrate very well. Subbing in Home-Ec at that, kids never take Home-Ec seriously!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Yes it is much quicker to order and I love that part of the Ereader, but this ease has certainly hurt my bank account :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and Happy Birthday. I think I'm probably going to have an impulse control problem with my Nook, if they lower prices or have good ones on special. But its very easy to take to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the wonderful world of e-readers! Happy Birthday :-)

    I'm a Kindle owner and love the convenience of them, although I still do most of my reading the old-fashioned way.

    ReplyDelete